Pseudocode is a detailed yet readable description of what an algorithm must do, expressed in a formally styled natural language rather than in a programming language. Pseudocode is used as an initial step in the process of developing a program. It provides programmers a detailed template for writing instructions in a specific programming language.
Advantages of Pseudocode:
1. It is easier to write as it uses English like statements.
2. It does not need to be rewritten if any changes are made because each step is independent and may be modified without altering the other steps.
3. It can be converted to a program using any programming language. This is because the format used by Pseudocode is similar to a program. They both contain a set of sequential statements using a defined set of keywords.
Limitations of Pseudocode:
1. Pseudocode does not provide a graphical representation of an algorithm, therefore, it might be difficult to understand the complex logic in a Pseudocode.
2. Pseudocode depicting too many nested conditions may be difficult to understand.